Friday, May 3, 2013

Am I With The Right Partner?

During the conversation, my cousin asked me: " Am I with the right person? What do you think?"
I knew, everyone must have a bit and bop about it.
I didn't know how to answer. I mean, myself sometimes asked the same thing. It was natural cycle to every relationship. Falling in love was completely natural and spontaneous, right? That's why it's called "falling". You know, it was like you fell because the gravity. You couldn't handle it.

Back to the question,

When they fell in love, people would see the beauty in their partner. Everything seems happy. But after a few months or years of being together, the euphoria of love fades. The quarrels, both small or large would make someone become more hesitant. At this point, you and/or your partner might start asking, "Am I with the right person?" You may begin to desire that experience with someone else. It was normally occurs in every couples.

I was often advise others, my besties, like this: The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person, it's learning to love the person you found. (Even though myself not yet able to do that.) *noted

Sometimes, when people talked about affairs, I think affairs was the most common. People blame their partners for their unhappiness and look outside for fulfillment. But then, the answer to this dillema was lies within it.

Then I thought it twice...if I try to find someone else as my partner, I'd be in the same situation a few years later...and I would get at this point again. See?

Love was not passive spontaneous feelings. It was specific things. It takes time, effort, and energy. And most importantly, wisdom. You have to know WHAT TO DO to make it work. Make no mistake about it.

And remember this...Love was a decision, it was not just a feeling. God determined who walked into our life. It was up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go..


-regards-